Tuesday, August 24, 2010

On a Lonely Neighbourhood Road


And the leaves rustle…soft brown, completely damp from the rain…
There is a flicker of the wicked August sun from somewhere beyond that bungalow…painted a nice warm red…perfect autumn colours!
I walk by the sidewalk…have some clothes to pick up from the laundry…do I just walk on further?
Take a break from regular living and just walk in my joggers till where the greens of the horizon get lost in the browns of the road?
Let me sit by that private garden a bit…can I? I hope there isn’t a jazzy security camera somewhere…
Can I just sit by that private garden a bit, and enjoy the soft breeze?
Or maybe, I should whistle a little…an old Rip Van Winkle-y tune, and the elves will come running…
Maybe I should sit and watch the blue jays a while…and that lone seagull that’s lost its way…the sea is very far off dahlin!
Leave the seagull alone. Maybe it’s not lost. Or maybe, it’s lost, rather deliberately, just like you.
Maybe the bird wanted a break from coastal life, and whizz past the Victorian turrets in this lonely afternoon road…

3 comments:

Ritika said...

beautiful debu.. and i want to be just there, with you.. while you do all of that..

Debanjana said...

Thank you Ritz...

Scribbler :) said...

It makes me sad...but it's beatiful