Friday, July 9, 2010

Life...Sunny Side Up!



Last week, a well-wisher told me, and very good-naturedly at that, that mine was a crib-blog, more than anything else…as in, I howl through most of my posts about the magnanimous number of things going wrong in my life. Crib, well yes. Right now, with the state of things, I probably need a Greek chorus. But maybe, just maybe, I should try looking at the brighter side of life…sunny side up.
Let me see…I told my readers (My readers…this one’s a joke…who am I? Rowling’s niece???) in one of my posts that my kitchen window overlooks a maple tree. Right. And beyond the maple tree is somebody else’s window, where most of the times I see a senile old fellow standing stark naked. Absolutely…and yes, I love that. I have to tell you this, I love the sight of naked old men while I am cooking. Makes my day…and makes my lamb curry tastier.
Point number two…my bedroom window overlooks the London skyline. Yes, that’s wonderful. And it makes me feel left out with the rest of the world buzzing and pubbing all around the place. And yes, I just realized, feeling left out is a million dollar feeling. Better than the million dollar itself.
Point three…a problem…well not a problem really, a wonderful thing has happened with the bathroom sink. The water gets stuck. Isn’t that uber cool? So even as you finish brushing your teeth and taking a warm shower, the phlem and the catarrh is still winking back at you. I am so thrilled about this, it gives me goosepimples on my a**.
Point four…my landlady has a pet. Yeah that’s really nice. A roaring bullie of a dog. That’s even nicer. So everytime I walk down the stairs to collect mail or let a service engineer in, the four-legged beast screams for my blood. Now how sunny and positive is that?
Point five…the other day, my husband got into a train without me…me carrying half the grocery…and I followed in the next train. That’s romantic…isn’t it? Playing a Bollywood chase game? Well, I was the one who was chasing, and feeling hopelessly romantic. He didn’t have an inkling that he had left me behind. That’s even cuter…right?
Point five…eversince I came to London, there is more hair on the floor than on my head. With the way things are going, I’ll soon put the spirit of Mata Hari to shame. How’s that?
There’s of course point six, and then point seven and eight…I could go on and on and on…
I am sure you are freaking jealous of my goodlife after you finish reading this one. But that’s okay. May the best things in life happen to you as well. Adios.


7 comments:

Ritika said...

hey is that as funny as ross's naked man.. :D
if this is of any help... it's Friday, it's 9:46 pm and i am at work, checking copy. feel better?

Debanjana said...

oh I surely feel a lot better

The Ketchup Girl said...

sunny indeed! Take this- its been raining for the last i-dunno-how-many-godamn-weeks, its grey, dreary and my husband and I haven't exchanged a word the entire weekend. I'm a living Meena Kumari, my daughter thinks her father is better, and the best of it all is, I've been nursing a migraine, my favourite ex-lover, for the last 3 days now. 4 brufens, 8 paracetamols, and he still playing metallica in my head. I love my life more than yours, of course I do.
And I think you are a helluva writer.

Scribbler :) said...

You are surely having a party, babe.

Debanjana said...

KG.....ur Meena Kumari living comforts me...thanks for the shoulder!...and Scrib, yeah, I am having a party

manikarn said...

Should I say Nice One!? Venting is good :)

Debanjana said...

Thanks Mani...