Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Wink from the Window at Work on a Wednesday


It’s been some time, yes. I’ve been caught up with ineffectual things...like travelling on crowded trains to mysterious locations...where eagles dare! I wish. Nothing as adventurous. Let’s just say I’ve just been busy.
London has been terribly misty lately. But this afternoon, a busy sun’s come out, and it’s got me writing. From where I sit, I can see the Thames down below, it’s otherwise murky waters glistening in the autumn light. Suddenly with the sun out, I can see pretty sailing boats, with their blue sails fluttering in the light breeze...they are cruising along in the Thames...isn’t that a darling picture?
This futuristic gizmo-hugging workplace, gives me a stiff complex. People are too prim for my taste, and I feel like a black tree-trunk in formals. This is completely out of the point of course, and completely out of that darling picture that I conjured up a while back, but I thought I’d say it anyway.
Just because the world outside is pretty, I cannot forget how things are with me. I have become so obese (what you call a shipping hazard), I fear, one of these days, somebody is going to offer me a priority seat in the tube....lady, are you pregnant?
I digress such a bloody lot!!! Excuse the profanity. Let’s just come back to the darling picture.
The boats are sailing, and there is a red train that has somewhere to go. To fit this jazzy, gizmo-hugging crowd, we have these mammoth glass buildings from which, I can, on a bright day, see Scotland...I am just faking that...you know it, right?
Anyway, the red train’s moving...and there are people trundling across that old pretty bridge. But who has the time to sit back and stare? I’ve got places to go myself...to mysterious places, as I said...where eagles dare.

3 comments:

Scribbler :) said...

So you started work, eh?

And that is a pretty picture indeed. Look out for some "protima bisorjon" in the river on Dashami. If you can see Scotland...you can see that too :)

The Ketchup Girl said...

i like what scribbler has written :)). yes, a darling pic indeed. have you taken your woolens out yet? for I have packed them all up :D. *wicked gleam* . Don;t worry about obesity please. too many people thinking on the same lines...
and you've started work? pretty quick, babe!

Debanjana said...

KG....Work yeah....this is an extension of my Indian job...I was on a sabbatical for 3 months, and then I joined again...the same company....woollens...yeah of course....the bangali that I am, London autumn is extreme winter for me!

and scrib, yeah...protima bishorjon indeed....commonwealth games er jonno emnitei impression is on the downside...protima bishorjon on the thames is just what we need :)